I am a first-year PhD Student in the Khoury College of Computer Sciences at Northeastern University, working with Prof. David Choffnes.
Before joining Northeastern, I obtained my MS from Virginia Tech under the supervision of Prof. Gang Wang and Prof. Bimal Viswanath.
Virginia Tech, M.S. in Computer Science, 08/2018 - 05/2020
Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications , B.Eng. in Telecommunication Engineering, 09/2014 - 06/2018
Detecting Bots with Limited Data using Neural Data Augmentation
- Build a stream-based real-time bot detection system to complement with rule-based method to catch advanced bots.
- Develop a data synthesis method to enable effective model training with limited labeled data.
- Validate our system using real-world datasets from 3 different online services.
- Sustain our system over a long period of time with low-cost retraining.
- Explore the relationship between data synthesis and adversarial re-training.
Throwing Darts in the Dark? Detecting Bots with Limited Data using Neural Data Augmentation,
Proceedings of The 41st IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy (IEEE SP 20).
Steve T.K. Jan, Qingying Hao, Tianrui Hu, Jiameng Pu, Sonal Oswal, Gang Wang, Bimal Viswanath.
Multi-Task Adversarial Network Bottleneck Features for Noise-Robust Speaker Verification,
Proceedings of the 2018 International Conference on Network Infrastructure and Digital Content (IC-NIDC 18).
Hong Yu, Tianrui Hu, Zhanyu Ma, Zheng-Hua Tan, Jun Guo.
Depression detection via harvesting social media: A multimodal dictionary learning solution,
Proceedings of the 26th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI 17).
Guangyao Shen, Jia Jia, Liqiang Nie, Fuli Feng, Cunjun Zhang, Tianrui Hu, Tat-Seng Chua, Wenwu Zhu.